YOUR GENES ARE TRYING TO KILL YOU– AND YOU’RE EATING IT UP!
Does losing weight and staying healthy feel like a battle? Well, it’s really a war. Your enemies are your own genes, backed by millions of years of evolution, and the only way to win is to outsmart them.
Dr. Steven Gundry explains what your body is “thinking” and tells you why, surprisingly, your genes actually “want” you to be fat–even sick. Eating many so-called healthy foods gives your body the wrong messages and may activate what Dr. Gundry calls “killer genes,” whose purpose is to get rid of you. Now, with his revolutionary ideas, which enabled him to easily lose 70 pounds, you can reprogram your body for the health, life, looks, and longevity you desire! And this is a diet that works equally well for women and men, no matter what their age.
Transform yourself with this three-phase plan:
• The Teardown Phase will train your body to stop storing fat and curb your appetite, which enables you to lose weight while turning off “killer genes.”
• The Restoration Phase gives your genes the resources to make you healthy and strong.
• The Longevity Phase will allow you to enjoy your new, slim, vibrant body for a good, long time by making your genes protect you from aging.
This entirely new way of looking at eating, weight loss, and the aging process teaches you how to manipulate your body’s programming, learn to deactivate “killer genes,” and keep disease and aging at bay.
Dr. Gundry’s Diet Evolution shares the health secrets other doctors won’t tell you:
• Why plants are “good” for you because they’re “bad” for you and meat is “bad” because it’s “good” for you
• Why plateauing on this diet is actually a sign that you’re on the right track
• How to choose micronutrient-rich, “calorie scant” foods instead of just “low calorie” foods
• Why artificial sweeteners have the same effects as sugar on your health and your waistline
• Why taking antacids, statins, and drugs for high blood pressure and arthritis only mask health issues instead of addressing them
• Why thinning hair and skin tags are two signals that your genes are trying to kill you
Along with the meal planner, 70 delicious recipes, and inspirational stories, Dr. Gundry’s easy-to-memorize tips will keep you healthy and on course:
• If it’s “beige” or “white,” keep it out of sight.
• If you eat dark “green,” you will become lean.
• If you eat fake fats, you’ll get heart attacks.
From the Hardcover edition.
Share your thoughts on the Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution General Fiction eBook with others!
|Title of eBook: Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution|
|Release Date: 03-11-2008|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Crown Publishing Group||Store Sales Rank: 9676|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Dr. Gundry's Diet...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|
Dr. Gundry's Diet Evolution
YOUR GENES ARE
RUNNING THE SHOW
If you're anything like me, I know you're champing at the bit to get going on Diet Evolution, but hold your horses. I've found that most of us can stick to a program only if we understand how and why we got to our present state of affairs. The next four chapters will do just that.
You can thank Mom and Dad for your beautiful baby blues, as well as your hair color, height, and build. All these traits were encoded in copies of their genes-half of them her's, the other half his-that now reside in your body. Any children you have will in turn have copies of half of your genes and half of your partner's, and so on through generations to come. Determining our appearance and myriad other characteristics is just one way in which our genes rule our lives. As you'll soon learn, they also play a more clandestine role.
The answer to why almost all attempts to lose weight fail resides in your genes and the lies they've been feeding you. Once you understand how genes behave, and how their behavior controls your behavior, you'll be rewarded with an understanding of how you can lose those extra pounds, regain your health and vitality, and set the stage for a long, vigorous life. I'm sure you have heard that if you feed your genes right, all your health problems will disappear. But here you are stuck in the same old rut. I'm going to prove to you that you're in poor health and overweight because you're feeding your genes exactly what they want. Let me assure you, your genes are using you for their health and longevity, not yours. In fact, your longevity stands in their way. So sit back, open your mind, and be willing to suspe