THE FIRST FINANCIAL GUIDE TAILORED EXCLUSIVELY TO LESBIAN AND GAY COUPLES ON HOW TO PROTECT THEIR ASSETS WHEN LAWS FAIL
Lesbian and gay couples can achieve solid, long-term financial security--but they need to arm themselves with foresight, awareness, and facts. That's what this book is all about. Now, drawing on more than twenty years' experience as a financial adviser to lesbian and gay couples, Harold L. Lustig has written the definitive financial guide for you and your partner.
Through Lustig's four easy-to-follow steps to economic security--PLAN, PLAN, PLAN; PROTECT WHAT'S YOURS; THINK COMMUNITY; USE NON-CONVENTIONAL WISDOM AND TAKE ACTION--this invaluable book gives you workable financial strategies and up-to-date information on
- Estate planning--why it's especially vital for you and your loved one
- Tax advantages available to you--and not to legally recognized couples
- Reducing your tax load through charitable contributions and shifting assets
- A domestic partner agreement--why it is critical to your financial well-being
- Avoiding the "gay penalty" on long-term health care and retirement plans
- Tips for funding a college education--without dropping into the red
- Reentering the job market when you are HIV positive
- Buying and fine-tuning disability insurance
- The facts about joint ownership
And much more!
Despite unfavorable laws, you can protect your assets, provide for retirement, avoid discriminatory penalties, and ensure that you and your partner enjoy and share what you've earned together. From building and transferring wealth with life insurance to creating documents that protect you when marital laws do not, this clear, smart, practical guide provides the essential financial information that every lesbian and gay couple needs and deserves.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
See more like this in our Business & Economics eBooks section
Share your thoughts on the 4 Steps to Financial Security for Lesbian and Gay Couples Business & Economics eBook with others!
|Title of Business & Economics eBook: 4 Steps to Financial Security for Lesbian and Gay Couples|
|Release Date: 12-08-2010|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Random House Publishing Group|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||4 Steps to...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|