Revival 2.0 tells the dramatic inside story of how President Obama and his team have regained their footing and learned to fight for their political survival.
Bestselling Obama biographer Richard Wolffe (author of Renegade and Revival ) follows President Barack Obama and his inner circle (including Valerie Jarrett, David Plouffe, Hillary Clinton, David Axelrod, and Robert Gibbs), from the Democratic defeat in the 2010 midterm election through their suprising resurgence over the last six months. Drawing on key sources within the West Wing, Revival 2.0 reveals:
· The story behind the personnel shake-ups and reorganization of the administration—from the departure of Rahm Emanuel and Robert Gibbs to the arrival of new figures the likes of Bill Daley and Jay Carney.
· How the White House effectively pushed through their agenda (including the START treaty and repeal of "don't ask, don't tell") with a lame-duck Congress, and positioned itself well in dealing with the new Republican-controlled House over the looming budget battles and a defense of their health care plan.
· The internal debate between Survivalists and Revivalists over the response to the revolutions in Tunisia, Egypt, and Libya.
· The campaign strategy for the 2012 election as told directly by Obama's top campaign team—David Axelrod and David Plouffe in particular.
· Key insights into the killing of Osama bin Laden, how it’s the crowning achievement of Obama's political turnaround, and solidifies his stature as commander-in-chief in the war on terror.
An up-to-minute guide on how an administration attempts to navigate dangerous political waters, Revival 2.0 is a must-read to understanding how Obama has grown into his role as a president and has found a way to lead effectively.
Share your thoughts on the Revival 2.0: How the Obama White House Is Making Its Political Comeback Childrens Nonfiction eBook with others!
|Title of eBook: Revival 2.0: How the Obama White House Is Making Its Political Comeback|
|Release Date: 06-10-2011|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Crown Publishing Group|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Revival 2.0: How...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|