The Essential Reference Guide to America’s Most Popular Songs and Artists Spanning More than Fifty Years of Music
Beginning with Bill Haley & His Comets’ seminal “Rock Around the Clock” all the way up to Lady Gaga and her glammed-out “Poker face,” this updated and unparalleled resource contains the most complete chart information on every artist and song to hit Billboard’s Top 40 pop singles chart all the way back to 1955. Inside, you’ll find all of the biggest-selling, most-played hits for the past six decades. Each alphabetized artist entry includes biographical info, the date their single reached the Top 40, the song’s highest position, and the number of weeks on the charts, as well as the original record label and catalog number. Other sections—such as “Record Holders,” “Top Artists by Decade,” and “#1 Singles 1955-2009”—make The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits the handiest and most indispensable music reference for record collectors, trivia enthusiasts, industry professionals and pop music fans alike.
Did you know?
• BeyoncÉ’s 2003 hit “Crazy in Love” spent 24 weeks in the Top 40 and eight of them in the #1 spot.
• Billy Idol has had a total of nine Top 40 hits over his career, the last being “Cradle of Love” in 1990.
• Of Madonna’s twelve #1 hits, her 1994 single “Take a Bow” held the spot the longest, for seven weeks—one week longer than her 1984 smash “Like a Virgin.”
• Marvin Gaye’s song “Sexual Healing” spent 15 weeks at #3 in 1982, while the same song was #1 on the R&B chart for 10 weeks.
• Male vocal group Boyz II Men had three of the biggest chart hits of all time during the 1990s.
• The Grateful Dead finally enjoyed a Top 10 single in 1987 after 20 years of touring.
• Janet Jackson has scored an impressive 39 Top 40 hits—one more than her megastar brother Michael!
From the Trade Paperback edition.
See more like this in our Suspense & Thrillers eBooks section
Share your thoughts on the The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 9th Edition Suspense & Thrillers eBook with others!
|Title of Suspense & Thrillers eBook: The Billboard Book of Top 40 Hits, 9th Edition|
|Release Date: 07-18-2012|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Crown Publishing Group|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||The Billboard Book...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|