This is the eBook version of the printed book.
The definitive, full-color, task-based reference to Core Data for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Today, virtually every non-trivial iPhone and iPad app must manage data—quickly, smoothly, reliably, and with low power usage. Core Data, Apple’s ready-made data persistence layer, can help you achieve all these goals. In Core Data for iOS , two leading iOS developers teach you the entire Core Data framework from the ground up.
Writing for intermediate-to-advanced iOS developers, Tim Isted and Tom Harrington thoroughly explain how Core Data is used on iOS devices, introduce each of its primary classes, and show how they interact to provide amazing functionality with minimal configuration.
You’ll learn how to store, fetch, and validate data; efficiently provide it to views; and much more. Isted and Harrington first give you a firm grounding in the technology, and then present sophisticated real-world examples. They present multiple sample projects, as well as a start-to-finish, chapter-length case study.
· Understanding Core Data’s features, classes, and interactions
· Using Core Data in MVC-based iOS app development
· Mapping relational data to object models, and building them with Xcode’s Data Modeler
· Working with managed objects, and using UITableView to display them
· Creating predicates to match numbers, data, and objects
· Maintaining compatibility across versions of an app’s data model
· Tracking managed object contexts across view controllers
· Using Core Data’s automatic Undo functionality
· Integrating abstract entities, entity inheritance, and multiple view controllers into a complete app
· Optimizing for iOS devices’ tight memory limits
· Diagnosing and fixing common Core Data problems
See more like this in our Computers eBooks section
|Title of Computers eBook: Core Data for iOS: Developing Data-Driven Applications for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch|
|Release Date: 05-17-2011|
|Publisher: Addison-Wesley Professional|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Core Data for iOS:...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|