Now you can have normal vision all the time, thanks to excimer laser treatment–commonly known as PRK and LASIK–a painless procedure that takes less than five minutes. Dr. Andrew I. Caster, one of the leading physicians in the permanent correction of nearsightedness, astigmatism, and farsightedness, takes you through the entire process–including the experiences of patients who have undergone the procedure and their incredible joy at suddenly being able to see again.
• What are the differences between the PRK, LASIK, and RK procedures, and which is right for me?
• What are the most common side effects of excimer laser treatment?
• How do I judge whether a doctor is sufficiently qualified to perform excimer laser treatment?
• Will the procedure be painful?
• When can I fully resume normal daily activities such as driving and reading?
• Will eye laser treatment stop my eyes from getting worse?
• How well has the FDA monitored this technique?
• How many people have successfully undergone the procedure?
The Eye Laser Miracle is the guide for anyone who wants better vision.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
Share your thoughts on the Lasik: The Eye Laser Miracle Body, Mind & Spirit eBook with others!
|Title of eBook: Lasik: The Eye Laser Miracle|
|Release Date: 08-26-2008|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Random House Publishing Group|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Lasik: The Eye...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|
Lasik: The Eye Laser Miracle
THE SURGERY IS EASY
Laser vision treatment is a very easy procedure to undergo. No injections are needed, and there is no pain during the procedure. These are the steps you will experience:
1. Your doctor will measure your eyes to determine your amount of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism. During this presurgical consultation, your doctor will complete a thorough examination of the health of your eyes and discuss the procedure in detail with you.
2. The laser will be calibrated and tested for accuracy.
3. The correction desired for your eye will be entered into the laser’s computer.
4. The computer will determine the specific set of laser pulses to apply.
5. You will be brought into the laser room and asked to lie down.
6. A patch will be placed over the eye not having the procedure.
7. Anesthetic eyedrops will be placed in the eye. No injections or IVs are needed.
8. Your eyelid will be held open with a small speculum, which causes no pain.
9. You will be asked to look at a small blinking light.
10. In Lasik, a small amount of tissue, known as the corneal flap, will be separated and lifted. In PRK, the doctor will gently wipe away the most superficial layer covering the cornea.
11. You will hear a clicking noise, the sound of the laser.
12. The blinking light will get hazy as the treatment progresses.
13. The treatment will usually take less than thirty seconds of laser time.
14. Eyedrops will be placed in the eye. In some cases, a temporary contact lens will be placed in the eye as well.
15. In most cases, the procedure will then be repeated for the sec