• Easy-to-use A-Z format — features profiles of 300 drugs
• Vital information on side effects and drug interactions
• Cutting-edge research on the latest drug therapies ... and much more
Know the facts about the drugs you take.
With two thirds of the more than 1.6 billion prescriptions a year written for women, there’s an urgent need for a clear, concise resource to help sort through the confusing — and often contradictory — bombardment of information and advertising for the drugs we take.
This authoritative guide provides an essential list of the drugs used exclusively by women — fertility drugs, contraceptives, breast cancer drugs, estrogens — plus drugs for cardiovascular disease, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, high cholesterol, diabetes, and other health problems that affect women in greater numbers than men.
• 200 prescription drug profiles covering more than 300 drugs
• Each drug’s brand name, generic name, classification, dosage, side effects, drug and food/alcohol interactions, and pregnancy/nursing risks
• New research on which drugs affect women differently than men
• Facts even your doctor may not know
• Questions to ask the pharmacist — before you take the drug
• Cautions for ordering drugs over the Internet
• Special warnings for seniors
• A guide to nonprescription and over-the-counter medications
Plus — a special women’s resource directory for health-related issues and Web site addresses
From the Paperback edition.
Share your thoughts on the The Women's Pharmacy Body, Mind & Spirit eBook with others!
|Title of eBook: The Women's Pharmacy|
|Release Date: 12-10-2008|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||The Women's Pharmacy|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|