Be IN THE KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Doing business across borders is very different from doing business across town–subtle and not-so-subtle differences in attitudes and etiquette play a big role.
Did you know?
• When Americans say “drop by any time,” they usually don’t mean it. Call first to make sure they’re expecting you.
• If you’re going to be more than 5 or 10 minutes late for an appointment, call ahead! It’s impolite not to.
• Remember, when someone asks “how are you?”, they don’t really want to know. They’re just saying “hi.”
In the Know in the U.S.A. helps you:
• Fit right in by understanding local manners, etiquette, and behaviors
• Navigate through everyday life with tips for the whole family
• Get an insider’s perspective on the social and business environment
The book includes a FREE 60-minute CD with the key phrases you need to make a great impression.
See more like this in our Family & Relationships eBooks section
Share your thoughts on the In the Know in the U.S.A. Family & Relationships eBook with others!
|Title of Family & Relationships eBook: In the Know in the U.S.A.|
|Release Date: 04-15-2003|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Random House Information Group|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||In the Know in the...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|