Get inspired and plan your next trip with Fodor’s e-book guide to California’s national parks: Channel Islands, Death Valley, Joshua Tree, Kings Canyon, Lassen, Sequoia, and Yosemite. To get your bearings, browse a brief overview of each park and peruse full-color maps of the region. You’ll develop an immediate sense of each park’s awe-inspiring landscape as you flip through an album of vivid full-color photographs. Read on and find all of the essential, up-to-date details you expect from a Fodor’s guide: From the best dining and lodging in the area to must-see hikes and scenic drives, Fodor’s has it all.
Discover seven great California parks in one e-book:
· Just 60 miles northwest of Los Angeles, the five islands of Channel Islands park are a nature-lover’s paradise and home to 145 species found nowhere else on the planet.
· Straddling the southern California and Nevada borders, Death Valley is the largest national park in the contiguous U.S. and features breathtaking vistas and blasting 120-degree heat.
· World-class rock climbing and spectacular desert scenery are highlights of Joshua Tree. The eponymous trees—twisted and prickly, with clumps of spiny leaves—are straight out of a Dr. Seuss book.
· Visitors to Lassen Volcanic will find spectacular geologic wonders plus more than 150 miles of hiking trails, countless mountain lakes and streams, and flowering meadows.
· Ancient evergreens tower over visitors among the jagged mountain slopes of Sequoia and Kings Canyon, which cover more than 850,000 acres combined.
· Shimmering waterfalls and the soaring granite monoliths of Half Dome and El Capitan are some of the classic images you’ll see in Yosemite’s 748,000 acres.
Note: This e-book edition includes photographs and maps that will appear on black-and-white devices but are optimized for devices that support full-color images.
Share your thoughts on the Fodor's California National Parks General Fiction eBook with others!
|Title of eBook: Fodor's California National Parks|
|Release Date: 08-31-2010|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Fodor's Travel Publications|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Fodor's California...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|