Chronic pain is a condition that afflicts over 50 million Americans.
Chronic pain can be a symptom of a variety of illnesses, injuries, or chronic conditions. From back pain to migraine headaches to arthritis, from sports injuries to cancer, chronic pain can afflict anyone at any age. It is one of the most frequently under-treated conditions and, even worse, many doctors simply ignore it.
Chronic pain specialist Dr. Jennifer Schneider offers expert advice and guidance to the millions of Americans who suffer with chronic pain.
In Living with Chronic Pain you’ll learn:
* How to choose a pain specialist doctor
* The latest information on the warnings and recalls of popular Cox-2 inhibitor and NSAID painkillers such as Vioxx.
* The truth about opioids and why they are under-prescribed
* The most up-to-date non-drug approaches to pain management including physical therapy, massage therapy, acupuncture, brain stimulation, biofeedback, counseling and more
* Details on clinical trials, the new analgesics and cutting-edge endorphin research
Now updated with the latest information about medications and treatments, the second edition of Living with Chronic Pain is essential reading for anyone suffering with or treating this debilitating condition.
Share your thoughts on the Living with Chronic Pain, Second Edition Social Science eBook with others!
|Title of eBook: Living with Chronic Pain, Second Edition|
|Release Date: 09-29-2009|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Hatherleigh Press|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Living with Chronic...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|