When Faith Flickers, Stoke the Fire
No one sins out of duty. We sin because it offers some promise of happiness. That promise enslaves us–until we believe that God is more desirable than life itself (Psalm 63:3). Only the power of God’s superior promises in the gospel can emancipate our hearts from servitude to the shallow promises and fleeting pleasures of sin.
In this twelve-chapter study guide developed by Desiring God, you will find practical ways to sever the clinging roots of sin that ensnare us, including anxiety, pride, shame, impatience, covetousness, bitterness, despondency, and lust.
Delighting in the bounty of God’s glorious gospel promises will free us for a less sin-encumbered life, to the glory of Christ. Rooted in solid biblical reflection, this book aims to help guide you through the battles to the joys of victory by the power of the gospel and its superior pleasure.
From the Trade Paperback edition.
See more like this in our Religion eBooks section
Share your thoughts on the Battling Unbelief Study Guide Religion eBook with others!
|Title of Religion eBook: Battling Unbelief Study Guide|
|Release Date: 12-22-2010|
|Allowed Countries (hover)|
|Publisher: Multnomah Books|
This eBook download is available in the following formats:
|Parent title||Battling Unbelief...|
|Devices||Samsung Tablet, Apple Ipad & Iphone, Barnes & Noble Nook, Kobo eReader, Aluratek Libre, Iliad, Nokia, Blackberry, Hanlin|
|Note||ePub, short for electronic publication is one of our favorites and should be yours for a couple of reasons. ePub offers reflowable text giving you flexibility to manipulate how the content is presented. Moreover, lots of cool features are now being developed for the reader like advanced video and audio. ePub is now an industry standard, so all of the "non-propreitary" hardware manufacturers are now supporting it.|
Battling Unbelief Study Guide
INTRODUCTION TO BATTLING UNBELIEF
It is our prayer that after you have finished this lesson…
• You will get a feel for how you and others in your group approach the Christian life.
• Your curiosity would be roused, and questions would begin to come to mind.
• You will be eager to learn more about how you can live your life by faith in future grace.
1. What is your name?
2. Tell the group something about yourself that they probably don’t already know.
3. Describe your relationship with Jesus.
A PREVIEW OF BATTLING UNBELIEF
1. In your own words, describe your battle against unbelief. How does this battle unfold? What weapons do you have in this battle? Describe any strategies that you use to overcome sin in your life. What motivates you to make war on sin?
2. Think about the phrase “Living by Faith in Future Grace.” What do you think this phrase means?
Excerpted from Battling Unbelief Study Guide by John Piper Copyright © 2007 by John Piper. Excerpted by permission.
All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher....